- Four sections (English, Math, Reading, Science)
- Highest possible score, 36
- 90th percentile, 28
- Questions are slightly easier than the SAT, but there is less time per question
- The biggest challenge is finishing each section on time.
- Has been the same structure for decades
- Colleges are very familiar with the ACT
- Argumentative essay: you are given a scenario and have to pick/argue for one side.
- Four sections (Reading, English, Math (no calculator), Math (calculator)
- Highest possible score, 1600
- 90th percentile, 1340
- Questions are slightly harder than the ACT, but there is more time per question
- Was recently changed in March 2016
- Colleges are less familiar with scores for the current SAT
- Rhetorical analysis essay: you read an article and analyze the author's techniques
"My experience at Span Test Prep was very helpful. I think it was not only the number of tests I took, but the content and strategy I learned at each of the sessions."